Bailey - Knock em out

Monday 21 February 2011

Digipak Preperation - The making process


Preparation for the making of my final digipak.


I have decided to go with IDEA 1 This is because I really like the idea of the London background blended in with fairy lights. With the use of fairy lights blended in this will give of all the iconic girly colours associated with pop genre, however giving a twist to the protagonist making her seem not as venerable as the typical 'love stricken' songs most pop artist talk about such as Pixie Lott, Broken arrow. I will also be challenging the conventional pop album by not having the protagonist on the front which conforms to the male gaze to get both genders locked in the image, this also relates to the inter textual concepts of the feminist approach within our music video.


So after designing and picking which idea to go with for my digipak I went out and took some pictures of fairy lights which I will use in my sketch. Firstly I went to Maplin; an electrical store to take a video on the HD flip camera of the lights in Maplin

Above is an example of a front cover attempt. After I edited this on Picasa which is a photo editing software I edited the picture and added a Focal black and white effect on top which allowed me to focus on the colour yet leaving the rest of the picture in black and white scale. After this I added an intense of focus around the edges of the lights then around the whole picture to give a soft yet girly look with the glimmers of light appearing. However I really didn't like the way it turned out out it didn't give of a fairy light appeal as it was a disco ball.


After this failed attempts I then went down to B&Q and took a picture of some pretty bedroom bulb lights which were on a black background which I thought was perfect! which were on show and turned on! After learning from my previous mistake of only taking one photo I decided to get out my Christmas tree lights and turned them on just in case I didn't like the picture from B&Q.
I decided to use the picture I took in B&Q as the layout against the black background looked professional and I could use the multi-exposure effect when blended with the London picture.


London picture
s for the front cover:

As stated earlier I am planning on using a picture from London as I want the artist to resemble a London background, similar to that of Lilly Allen, also one of the track lists is called 'London Town' Here are a few examples of pictures I have edited, I took when I went on the London eye last year. Taking pictures from the London eye gave an amazing view as you could see the whole city.

Picture one:


I have to admit this is my favourite picture of all! I love how my hand looks like it holding big Ben. I think this could be a very powerful shot and show the protagonist in charge as London is such a big city yet she has it in the palm of her hand. This also draws the audience in as when we see this we want to look closer to see what it is. I have added a black and white focal point with the picture of big Ben shining through. I think this makes this even more powerful as it draws attention to the middle of the image which yet again represent power that she is in control.


Picture 2:

I also really like this picture of the London eye. It's a very clear picture which shows iconic representation of London to reflect the artists background, however as my idea is to blend in fairy lights I don't think this picture would be as clear.

Picture 3:


I really like this picture. I especially like the vintage look to the picture, it looks as it's an old picture due to the colour. I love how you can see the whole of London which reflects the artist and gives power as it's over looking the city.

In my idea I have chosen to have screen shots of the artist shoes walking down the path with iconic representation on top. I think this will look good for the CD as it shows power that she won't be messed about with yet shows the girly side with the iconic representation.
Below is the screenshot of the feet I want to use:



Tomorrow I'm going to start the making process. With all my ideas planned and pictures chosen I will start the blended pictures together and the editing =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.