Bailey - Knock em out

Thursday 14 October 2010

Four Final Initial Ideas

After researching potential artists we like, my group and I are at the stage now where we are narrowing down songs for a final potential music video. Here are some of the ideas we think could work:

After researching Lilly Allen a lot, I really have come to like her music. As an artist she is very feminine, funky and quirky which represents me. Below are two of my favorite songs of hers:

Lilly Allen- Knock em out





I really like this song as a potential song for our video because it's fun and upbeat. The lyrics are really humorous in the song as well so we can have fun making it! Another good point to this song is that it doesn't already have a video to it, therefore we wont get our video compared to the real thing and we can come up with some real creative ideas! We've noticed a pattern in Lilly Allen songs which we would follow. The videos are never too serious but just the character having fun!
Here are a few ideas we are thinking about for this video:




  • Walking down a pathway with boys coming to her pestering her.

  • Pink lolly to signify femininity

  • Challenging pop video conventions by having four main girl characters with only one boy. Usually the men are surrounded by explicit women.

  • Autumn scene with trees like in the video 'The fear'

  • Most of the song the main character will be lip syncing

A second song from Lilly Allen I personally thought would make a good video is 'The fear'






I really like this song as a potential choice as the lyrics are very quirky and semantic. However although it does have a video to it we could still make it original as the video isn't to well known. The song has a less upbeat tone to knock em out and it more acoustically calm.

I really like the lyrics in it as well. The line 'forget about guna and forget ammunition's coz i'm killing them all on my own little missions' For this we could have a girls playing a spy game running through the woods, or a paint balls fight!
This would be a very fun video to make as the lyrics are so realistic.

Whilst watching a film the other night the song 'Lenka The show' came on.






I really love this song as it's so cute and people would be able to relate to the lyrics. This is a very quirky and simple song to do. Here are some of the lyrics and ideas:

Slow it down, make it stop - We could have a sign with a lolly pop man

I'm just a little bit caught in the middle
Life is a maze, and love is a riddle
I don't know where to go
Can't do it alone
I've tried, but i don't know why

For the chorus above I was thinking we could have a girl in a maze with a high angle shot from above showing shes in the middle of the maze with two guys trying to get to her first, kind of like a romantic rivalry.

Kate Nash - Foundations





I've always loved this song and think it's very feminine, fun and quirky song to do! however as the video is to good I would think people would compare it! Kate Nash's videos are all very inspirational and have amazing lyrics to put a video together. Here are some of my favourite lines!

You said I must eat so many lemons
Your face is pasty 'cause you've gone and got so wasted, what a surprise.



My finger tips are holding onto the cracks in our foundation,
and I know that I should let go,
but I can't.
And every time we fight I know it's not right,
every time that you're upset and I smile.
I know I should forget, but I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.