Bailey - Knock em out

Friday 11 March 2011

Pop Music advertisements


Madonna Advertisement


Madonna is a pop genre sensation. I picked this advert as I believe it represents pop very well with the use of bright vibrant colours, bold statement letters and the artists image. The shot is a close up of Madonna, she is also pulling a very calm but seductive facial expression. This here shows that Madonna is a big star as the whole of her face nearly glazes the advert.



The main use of colours are blue, pink and yellow. These colours are very much linked to pop, this also gives the audience a taste of the music as being vibrant, dance and fun music. I think by only using a limited number of colours on the advert is more effective as the audience doesn't get confused and can focus on the main elements of the advert: The artist and album name. This is a technique I will adopt when producing my music advertisement. Furthermore I am not surprised that this advert doesn't have any magazine reviews on, this is because Madonna is such a well known and love artist everyone has high expectations of her anyway.



Britney Spears advertisement


Unlike Madonnas album advertisement this is very different. Unlike Madonna, Britney is not gracing the cover of the advert. This is most likely because this advert was for Britney's come back album as she had not made one in a few years. The whole album was also focused around the theme of a circus; therefore this was enough for her audience to recognize the advert.


Britney's name is in a very large font, this is to attract the audience to the name as the image is not visible. This is something I'm likely to do in my advert. The colour scheme is, unlike Madonnas is very simple. She just uses the colours red and yellow, however this is effective as it fits in with the circus theme. When making my digipack I will have to think about the individual elements of my video instead of just conforming to the usual pop advert.

Gwen Stefanni music advertisement



This advert is probably my most inspirational due to the conventions of it. I really like bold title name of the artist as this stands out and catches the audiences eye; also the font of the writing is very elegant and conforms to pop genre, it is also on the album cover which creates a connection with the digipack. The simple colour scheme like Madonnas and Britney's adverts is also eye catching. The gold, pink and white really complement the whole advertisement as they all fit in really well. However I really like the edge that this advertisement gives of. I like the way the artist is holding her facial expression and body language as it shows she has an edge and isn't just another glamorous pop artists. However she also conforms to pop genre with her diamante sticks which gives an elegant touch.


Furthermore I really like how the image of her digipack is at the bottom left hand corner of the advertisement, this gives the audience a connection with the artist, album and advertisement so they are more likely to buy the album when shopping around in HMV for example. I am going to do this for my digipack as it creates a deeper link to the artists products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.