Bailey - Knock em out

Sunday 20 March 2011

Analysis of my Digipak

Front cover:


This is the Final front cover of my digipak. In this cover I have challenged the conventions of a typical front cover with the artists face on it, yet still reflecting pop genre with the use of rose pink colour, and blue, purple and pink representation of girly pop. I Have also added a small label on the bottom left hand side on the album which states 'Featuring Baileys number one single 'Knock em out' with symbolic representation of pop genre using a border of ice creams. I think this gave a more quirky feel to the cover which represents Bailey as a quirky pop artist. With the use of London in the background with the artist essentially holding Big Ben this gives of a sense of power which is portrayed in the intertextual elements of the feminist theory. I didn't want to conform to the stereotypical version of a pop album with the artists face because I wanted my artist to be more original giving a sense of freedom and power which is represented with the picture. I think the audience of young teens could really relate to this as it draws them in. The font I used for Baileys name is a very girly font in a rose pink colour with hearts around. This conforms to the pop genre of hearts pink and girly which I thought would show the audience the genre strait away. My favourite bit of the cover has to be the soft focused fairy lights blended with the picture, this gives a soft, venerable feel to the cover, yet the components of the hand and London being very strong.

Back cover:



What I love about the back cover is the massive heart on the right hand side focused in red and blue. I thought using a strong red colour would show passion in the artist and prevail the pop genre and appeal to young teens as these are essentially the audience who would buy the album. The use of the shadow represents the boy in Knock em out shadowing the girl however she has a strong heart and doesn't conform to him. This again reflects the power concept throughout the video Knock em out. I've used a very girly pink font, this is to conform to pop genre characteristics and contrasts with the powerful love hear on the right hand side. The background is in a sepia effect with soft focus, I have used this to draw attention to the heard and the writing.

The 2 inside covers:







I used the screen shot of the feet walking down the path in this shot. I thought this looks like a very strong image and again portrays the power theme the artist is giving of. I contrasted and blended this in with the girly colours of purple, blue and pink on top. Furthermore the girly iconography of the lips and butterfly and symbolic codes of pop genre. I have used a rose in the second cover as a rose typically has thorns but is also romantic and girly. This represents the power feeling again as to say don't mess with me, like the knock em out video. However the rose also shows the girly side to the artist. I also added a sparkle effect on top of the CD which gives of a girly and feminine feel in binary opposition to the strong image of the shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.